Through my work and collaboration with numerous divorce specialists and clients, I’ve been able to compile a list of resource links that are of benefit to the divorce process. In addition, I’ve written a variety of articles and developed seminars focused on the financial process.
Financial Divorce Preparation – You Have Questions, I have Answers! A thorough preparation and planning process awaits you.
$1,595 – Expert Financial Divorce Preparation – Let Me Be Your Guide
What You Get:
- Free 30 Minute no obligation phone call – discuss current situation
- Become organized in preparation for working with spouse and all divorce professionals
- Family Law Software input – Confidential, secure web-entry at no-cost
- If you prefer not to use Family Law Software, you may use my Client Questionnaire.
- 2 hour in-depth analysis of your personal, financial situation via in-person meeting or by teleconference
- After our meeting or teleconference, you will receive a written Outline of Issues that we discussed and homework, or items that need to be addressed
- Plan for moving forward
What you Learn:
THE DIVORCE PROCESS, how long it could take and what to expect
INCOME– gross versus net, salary, income from business, value of perks, bonuses
EXPENSES – Normal monthly, planning for one-time, and paying your bills after divorce
- Types of Physical Custody and definitions of sole, shared, and split custody
- Physical Suggested Guideline by state and what child support pays for?
- The 5 Must-Have Details to prevent future payment problems
- Different Types – How Long Does It Last?
- How it is calculated/determined
- How much you will get to spend (Taxes)
- Insuring spousal support
DIVISION OF ASSETS – WHAT IS USUAL?
HOUSE: KEEP IT OR SELL IT?
- Title v. Debt
- Permanent or short term
- Equity v. negative equity – how is it calculated?
- Staying in the house for the kids – what is your plan?
- Options and Responsibilities
- If you co-own the house after divorce, who pays the mortgage, gets the tax deductions, and pays for maintenance/repairs
LIQUID: Cash, savings, money market, mutual funds, stocks, bonds
- Who keeps what
- Dividing accounts – the usual procedure
RETIREMENT: What is it worth and how to divide it and getting your share
- Court orders and Letter of Instructions
- Contributory: IRA, 401-K, 403B, TSP, ESOP
- Defined Benefit: Military Pension, Private Pension, Public pension (CSRS, FERS)
- Lump-sum present value – buyout
- Survivor Benefits
MARITAL SOCIAL SECURITY RIGHTS
PERSONAL ASSETS: CARS, FURNITURE, COLLECTIONS
BUSINESS: How to value the business, who keeps it, and payout options
- Categories: Credit cards, auto loans, signature loans
- Credit cards – joint, sole, authorized user and how to divide
- Pay off strategies – using assets
- Auto Loans
WORKING WITH AN ATTORNEY – Costs and Benefits
- Court Prep
EVALUATING A PROPOSAL